DEEP DIVE Museum Outreach & Digital Games
Let us bring the History Center to you! Our Educator-facilitated outreach programs and digital, primary source-based games are designed to give students a closer look at the past and encourage critical thinking skills.
About Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Each outreach program is designed to accommodate one class of twenty-five students within one classroom for roughly an hour. The Educator is available to conduct multiple programs per day to accommodate team instruction.
- Some programs may require additional space considerations or exterior access- for example, our Civil War lesson requires space for a replica tent.
- All programs align themes across the Social Studies and literacy standards for reading in history/social studies.
- All programs meet current Georgia Standards of Excellence and follow a basic format that may include: Educator-led activities, discussions, games, and primary-source based exploration of a historical era
- Grades 2-12
- Programs are offered free of charge to those located in Thomas county and a mileage fee may apply to those in Grady, Brooks, Colquitt, Mitchell, Jefferson (FL), & Leon (FL) counties.
- Digital content will be shared via Google Drive
- Some content will have time-limited access
- Content may be printed or shared with students using Google Classroom.
- So that we can accurately track the use of our materials, we ask that you do not share content you receive from us with others. Instead, please refer interested colleagues to our website or to contact us by email directly. These statistics will help us to request funding and support for future programming!
We’re working to add more digital games and outreach programs to our list. Contact us to discuss designing a custom program that suits your curriculum needs. Digital games can be facilitated by the History Center’s Educator, or borrowed by teachers for classroom use. Available Independent Explorer activity packs are listed below as well. These activity packs are appropriate for classroom use to review content and include reading comprehension activities, DBQ style writing prompts, and much more.
If you have recently utilized one of our activities independently, please provide your use statistics with us for grant reporting purposes using the link below.
For more information or to schedule your next program please complete the form below or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the total number of students in your inquiry.