Deck the Halls Adopt a Corner of the LPH
The Thomasville History Center invites you to decorate a mantle, tablescape, or complete Christmas tree (star to skirt) celebrating the unique history, culture, and natural habitat of the Red Hills region.
Decorations may reflect your organization’s mission or purpose and each display’s creator will be identified for the public to see. The decorations will be on display throughout the Lapham-Patterson House for the duration of the holiday season.
To participate, please submit a request below and we will follow up with you to discuss the finer details. Those who have decorated before will receive priority in assigning locations but all interested participants are encouraged to reach out as soon as possible.
Decorations will be up from just after Thanksgiving through the New Year for visitors to the Lapham-Patterson House to enjoy while on tour.
The fine print:
- Participants must provide their own artificial tree, lights, garland, ornaments, and extension cords. Digital timers for lights are encouraged!
- Adhesives and hanging strips must be approved in advance.
- Trees & displays cannot exceed 12ft high and should not feature organic material (food, candy, etc) unless permission is granted in advance
- Any approved decorations made from organic materials must be sustainable for the entirety of the holiday season: Dec.1-Jan.1 and require no maintenance from History Center staff or volunteers.
- Participants are responsible for the set-up and breakdown of the displays in a timely manner.