Tours are available on the 1st Saturday of the month from March through June and September through December.
Tours offered in September, October, & November will be our “Murder & Mayhem Tours”: Not everything was always rosy in the Rose City. In honor of the upcoming spooky season, the Thomasville History Center invites all who are curious to join us on special editions of our Tiptoe Through the Tombstones Tours: Murder and Mayhem! Tours of the City, Flipper, and Laurel Hill Cemeteries will be held on the first Saturday of each month from September through November. Our tour guides will lead you through the hallowed grounds while telling tales of the citizens of Thomas County. Some lived wild and dangerous lives; others met tragic ends. Among them, you will meet prominent businessmen, actresses on the stage, and unassuming neighbors who found themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time. Hear their stories come to life and get a better picture of the characters who once inhabited our town.
Reservations are $15 per adult and $10 per student (under 17) and must be made in advance.
Children under the age of 6 are free. Themes and biographical information discussed on the tour may not be appropriate for young adventurers so registration for children under 12 is at the discretion of their adult(s).
No refunds with the exception of weather cancellations.
The phone number and email address provided at checkout will be used to contact you prior to your scheduled tour.
How to register:
1. Input the number of Adults (18+) and Students (6-17)
2. On the dropdown, select either the 10 am Old City Cemetery/Flipper Tour or the 2pm Laurel Hill Tour
3. Select your date (1st Saturday of the month from March through June, or September through December)
4. Select the 10 AM or 2PM time slot to confirm your location choice
5. Click BOOK NOW and complete your registration by submitting payment.